Better Clinical Decision Support Workflows - Better Results
Clinical Trials Coordinator
Track, follow up and document care
The QIDS platform provides functionality to manage lung cancer screening (LCS) patients and programs. Web-based tools are available to track, follow-up and document care for LCS patients including:
- Automated LUNG-Rads™ scoring
- Recommended follow-up based on evidence based guidelines
- Worklists with prioritization for care coordinators/nurse navigators
- Documentation of communication with patients
- Creation and tracking of templated certified letters
- Tracking and documentation for quality systems and accreditation (ACR)
- As an ACR Certified Software Partner you can count on fast, seamless reporting
Tumor Board Process Improvement and Standardization
The QIDS platform’s ability to enhance the Tumor Board process will impact many facilities in the U.S. healthcare system.
HealthMyne’s PatientCare Timeline® and Tumor Board module* provide the comprehensive clinical dashboard and workflow support to facilitate this endeavor. This functionality:
- Integrates EMR, PACS, Radiotherapy, and clinical systems data into a patient-centric view to enable multidisciplinary communication and collaboration during the Tumor Board
- Provides web-based functionality for pre- and post-Tumor Board preparation and analysis saving significant time and allowing the focus to be on enhanced patient management*
- Automates much of the management for multiple Tumor Boards, as well as the preparation and documentation of takeaways from the multidisciplinary sessions
- Quantitative Tumor Burden Report® that provides a patient centric status regardless of body site or who performed the read
*Works in Progress
Therapy Response Assessments
Standardization for clinical trials and every oncology read leads to better results
The QIDS platform provides functionality that helps automate the Therapy Response Assessment process used in most clinical trials, provides clinical decision support for interpretation of the protocol rules, and provides a platform for communication between the oncology and radiology teams to significantly improve the efficiency, consistency, and quality of this process.
- Designed to standardize the assessment of tumor response to treatment
- Includes most pre-determined protocols such as RECIST 1.1, WHO, RANO, etc...
- Create customized protocols to meet your facility's specific needs
- Automatic, consistent capture of necessary quantitative components
- Reduced workload can result in more trials with more patients benefiting
- Can be utilized to standardize non-clinical trial reads to meet strategic oncologic care objectives
- One well-known cancer hospital reduced their process from 17 steps to just 4
Reduce liability and make sure patients get the follow up that may save their lives
A recent study showed that only 29% of incidental findings are followed up on and that number goes to 0% when only mentioned in the findings section of the report. The failure to properly identify, track, prioritize, and follow up on incidental findings results in:
- A lost opportunity to diagnose and treat patients in a timely manner
- Less effective patient management
- Increased avoidable costs
- Increased liability
- Loss of patients to other organizations
- Lost revenue opportunities
Once a lesion has been identified with RPM, the clinician can mark it as Incidental directly in the workflow and the following actions are automatically performed.
- A web-based worklist is populated with all patients with Incidental Findings
- Business rules can automatically assign patients to specific care-coordinators
- Using information from RPM including the location, size and quantity of lesions and information from the EMR and other clinical systems, rules such as Fleischner Criteria or ACR guidelines for liver, pancreas, adrenal and kidney are applied and suggested follow-up times and interventions are provided
Visualization and reporting of lung specific diseases
HealthMyne’s Thoracic Module automatically segments CT images of lung tissue into normal- and low-density regions and provides quantitative metrics for assessment of emphysema. Quantitative information allows clinicians to increase quality of care, limit unnecessary tests for patients, direct patients to the most appropriate care, and may decrease the risk of cancer.
- Emphysema visualization and reporting including patient specific reports
- Heterogeneity visualization for the total lung or any lesion identified with RPM
Easily create both provider- and patient-facing reports with a click of the mouse. Reports can feature your facility logo and customized text to meet your specific needs. Patient-facing reports generated by HealthMyne showing the extent of emphysematous damage to lung tissue can help convince patients to quit smoking and can give their care team information needed to better guide their long-term treatment.
Relevant patient data can be key to understanding the information in a diagnostic image. Knowing a patient's smoking status, the results of a pathology report, or what other imaging studies have been performed can influence the impression of the radiologist or the decision of the multidisciplinary clinician reviewing a study. Unfortunately, due to the difficulty of accessing this information it is often not considered, which may result in suboptimal care.
HealthMyne solves this by integrating information from your EHR and other clinical systems into the PatientCare Timeline, an intuitive longitudinal display that puts the necessary data right in front of you while assessing an image study.
- Can be integrated with any EHR that supports Meaningful Use
- The leftmost panel displays allergies, encounters, medications, etc. in a tabular format
- View report results from pathology, metabolic panels, imaging studies and others
- Click on any image in the Timeline to open it in the HealthMyne QIDS viewer
- Add custom notes and events to easily communicate between members of the multidisciplinary team
Information that impacts patient care decisions
Customizable reports are easy to create because every lesion identified with RPM has 500+ metrics calculated and saved to the QIDS discoverable database. All reports can be printed, or exported via HL7 in PDF format to be attached to patient records.
Some of the customizable reports available are:
- Quantitative Tumor Burden Report® or QTBR® - A single report that presents a holistic view of a patient's total tumor burden independent of study type or which radiologist performed the read. The QTBR shows all studies for the patient, separated into different study types by body part or modality and includes key images and graphical representation of changes over time.
- Quantitative Imaging Metric Report (QIMR) - The QIMR is a per study report that can be customized to include any of the 500+ metrics that are calculated for each lesion including graphs and key images.
- Dictation Integration - QIDS can currently be integrated with both Nuance PowerScribe® and M*Modal®. Customized templates allow any of the 500+ metrics to automatically be inserted into the radiology report without dictation. Not only does this reduce transcription errors, the tabular format allows for easier viewing and comprehension by downstream clinicians.