Reporting to the CEO with close alignment with the Senior Management Team (SMT), the successful candidate will lead HealthMyne’s Customer Success organization (Healthcare IT Professional Services and Technical Services operations). This role will develop a well-focused platform-oriented directive services approach that serves as a competitive differentiator for HealthMyne (HM) and meets the customers’ needs in today’s demanding marketplace.
The successful candidate will provide leadership, direction, and guidance to all areas of Service. This individual is expected to ensure high-quality implementation and after sale support for HM’s QIDS platform to hospital system customers, distributors and partners. The VP-CS will be a critical customer contact for the company’s accounts and partner with our VP-Sales to provide one HM face to the customer throughout the offering life cycle.
The VP-CS will be an experienced leader and developer of highly effective service professionals with an ability to inspire and motivate and hold individuals accountable to high performance standards. The VP-CS will contribute to HealthMyne’s culture and demonstrate high IQ and EQ at all times understanding that the company is seeking to establish a leadership position in an early adopter market with its product platform. The VP-CS will be a skilled interpersonal leader at all levels and will be expected to be proactive, deliberate, detailed and performance-oriented with passion, but also with low drama and maintenance.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a platform-focused, high-tech/high-touch directed services installation, training and implementation methodology and team for HealthMyne’s Quantitative Imaging Decision Support (QIDS) software platform connecting Radiology and the Oncology Care Continuum in North America with a supporting role to non-US distributors; the QIDS platform will expand to other specialties over time.
- Oversee the safe and effective installation, configuration and support of HM products in accordance with specifications that are governed by FDA and other regulations
- Ensure all functional organizations are well-aligned with the VP-CS and his/her team including an informed partnership with the Sales organization to ensure strong customer satisfaction and product adoption leading to successful renewals, upselling and reference accounts
- Manage the Support Services operationally via the following metrics (not all inclusive): resolution times, MTTR (mean time to resolution), FCCR (first call closure rate), ticket backlog, management of SLA (service level agreement) compliance, competency and capacity management, change request management, quarterly upgrades
- Partner with the product development and marketing teams to initiate internal process and/or system improvement strategies that enable continued growth and the ability to better service clients; collaborate with internal organizations to ensure that the functionality that is most important to clients is integrated into our future product and service offerings. Set the strategy for necessary migrations of legacy clients to new and/or enhanced software.
- Service Account Management – Set the vision for driving scalability of the Client with Sales
- Results: Lead the Service organization to increase results and customer satisfaction through developing performance measurements on which to monitor progress against key metrics
- Manage the Support Services business commercially: P&L management of the services revenue streams and margins for North America. Maximize the recurring support services business in terms of topline and margin growth; understand attrition, motivate renewals, add value on existing customer base, find opportunities to upsell with the Sales team, etc.
- Manage all Third-Party partnerships to optimize performance and value
- Leadership: Be a Change Agent through organizational communication and motivation to continuously improve the CS organization: instill both customer satisfaction and financial accountability at the level of each service team member through strong process discipline of implementation, deployment and support. Continuously stretch the organization in terms of development and certification.
- Define, develop and deliver the post-sale customer experience to achieve the highest possible level of customer engagement and satisfaction
- Build and manage a team of highly motivated, customer-focused leaders to manage the overall health and care of accounts (e.g. onboarding customers, product/service adoption, monitoring engagement across the post-sale lifecycle), and develop compensation plans and career paths appropriate to specific functions within the team
- Review performance against operating plans and standards, including retention, growth and advocacy; identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities; provide direction to subordinates regarding interpretation of results; and approve plan modifications
- Present monthly and quarterly reports on performance as requested or required by executives and/or the board of directors
- Serve as the escalation point for customer and internal issues that require VP or director-level decisions
- Distill and communicate account-level customer insights to the organization
- Review and approve planning, budgets, cost estimates and resource requirement forecasts, and build and present business cases to the executive management team
- Create, manage and promote initiatives to gather and disseminate best practices for customer success
- MBA a plus
- 10-20 years of leadership experience in a HealthCare IT Implementation and Technical Support Function
- PMP Certification and/or deep knowledge of driving complex Healthcare IT Projects
- Proven understanding of After Sales Processes for Services
- Proven senior management acumen and capability
- Understanding of venture-capital backed technology organizations
- Knowledge of the North American Healthcare IT Marketplace, its main actors, trends and challenges
- Competitive salary
- Paid healthcare plan
- 401K (no company match)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance/Disability Insurance
- Stock Options