Job Title: Technical Consultant
Location: HealthMyne offices, Madison, WI
Reports to: VP-Customer Success
Directly Supervises: None
HealthMyne technical consultants are responsible for ensuring an outstanding customer experience during service delivery. They are expected to build strong customer relationships through consultative service delivery with a focus on analyzing customer infrastructure and data requirements, and subsequently designing, recommending, and delivering the technical solution. Technical consultants are accountable for installing and configuring HealthMyne software, including any required interoperability solutions. Lastly, they are expected to facilitate discussions on any key technical topics, including but not necessarily limited to system performance, security, disaster recovery, data migration, etc.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Technical Leadership
- Lead project teams and customers through technical service delivery engagements with strong technical analytical, design, and issue resolution skills.
- Guide customers through the install of server and client software, in addition to integration with other systems.
- Technical Delivery
- Identify, analyze, and document customer IT, data flow, and workflow requirements. Make recommendations on how best to configure and use our platform.
- Monitor, maintain, and upgrade customer infrastructure, automating repeatable tasks wherever possible.
- Manage processes for customer data backups, data recovery, and system performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server and application issues, providing customer updates on progress and resolution.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Collaborate with Sales to engage customers from the purchasing process to the implementation process, identify up-selling opportunities.
- Manage customer sites to become active, engaged, enthusiastic users of our product that are willing to become reference sites, working closely with product management, sales, and marketing functions.
- Help provide post-live support coverage for customers via phone, email, and ticket portal as needed.
- Follow-up on issues from the customer (received in-person or via phone, email or customer portal) and work to investigate, document, and resolve.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to advocate for customer needs and prioritize features / bugs accordingly in the product roadmap
- Manage and own competing priorities across multiple customer engagements.
- Continuous Improvement
- Help establish and follow Customer Service processes; engage in the review and creation of materials used during the implementation, training, and support processes.
- Actively collaborate with the rest of the service team and larger organization to identify and deliver process improvement opportunities.
- BA or BS degree in a related technical, scientific, or clinical discipline, or a closely related field. Equivalent relevant experience may be substituted.
- 5+ years of positive outcomes in a healthcare technical service delivery role.
- Proven ability to install and service enterprise clinical software (radiology and/or oncology strongly preferred); comfortable working with clinicians and IT teams.
- Strong experience with technical solution diagrams, including but not necessarily limited to physical and logical architecture, data flow, network topology, etc.
- Strong background with Linux/UNIX administration, including but not necessarily limited to network configuration, firewall configuration, general system configuration and management, scripting (shell and/or python), etc.
- Working knowledge of database systems (MySQL preferred) and no-SQL database systems (MongoDB preferred).
- Working knowledge of HL7 v2, HL7 v3, FHIR, DICOM, APIs, and other healthcare data standards.
- Experience with IT service management (ITSM), including help desk tools such as Salesforce Service Cloud, ServiceNow, JIRA Service Desk, etc.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills; comfort in talking with groups.
- Experience with –
- Administration of MS Windows, both server and client.
- Administration of virtual client solutions (e.g. Citrix, etc.) and server solutions (e.g. VMWare, etc.).
- Network configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- Configuration Management Tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- IT security, including both concepts and tools.
- Cloud technology and platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with sales cycles in the healthcare domain, including demonstrable experience collaborating with Sales teams.
- Familiarity with standard Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) practices, including demonstrable experience collaborating with product management and engineering teams.
- Experience with –
- A strong customer liaison and advocate.
- Innovative, demonstrates initiative, and capable of functioning independently toward clear business objectives with limited direct guidance.
- A “get it done” attitude and entrepreneurial spirit: our team is hardworking, well organized, self-motivated and confident.
- Able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
Physical Demands and Travel
- Office, desk, and computer-based work
- Travel up to approximately 25%
- 100% Paid Health Plan (medical)
- 401K (currently no company match)
- Long-Term Disability
- Stock Options in an early stage, high growth start-up