Job Title: Service Engineer
Location: HealthMyne offices, Madison, WI
Reports to: VP-Customer Success
Directly Supervises: None
HealthMyne’s QIDS platform enables better patient management decisions for hospital providers worldwide by connecting the Point-of-Read (Radiology) with the Point-of-Care starting with Oncology and expanding to other specialties over time. The QIDS platform drives collaboration by providing the multidisciplinary care team with intuitive, workflow-integrated software that leverages imaging and clinical data to enhance the quality and cost of care. The Clinical Decision Support (CDS) modules in the platform–Cancer Screening, Tumor Conferences, Therapy Response, Incidental Findings, Thoracic, others–significantly automate and streamline inefficient and cost-intensive clinical processes to allow busy clinicians to focus their energies on precise patient management.
As a Service Engineer, you will be responsible for designing the customer server infrastructure and navigating integration with multiple systems. You will install and configure our software, guiding customers through the install process and providing long-term support, assisting with upgrades to keep customers up to date with the latest features.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Design the customer server infrastructure, including operating system, database, networking, and application server configuration.
- Lead technical install projects to guide customers through the install of server and client software and integrations with multiple systems.
- Monitor, maintain, and upgrade customer infrastructure, automating repeatable tasks wherever possible.
- Manage processes for customer data backups, data recovery, and system performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve server and application issues, providing customer updates on progress and resolution.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Customer Success team to improve processes.
- Go above and beyond to resolve customer requests and issues
- Manage and own competing requests across multiple customer engagements
- Collaborate with the rest of the service team and larger organization to improve processes
- BA or BS degree
- Experience installing clinical software (radiology preferred); comfortable working with clinicians, executives and IT teams
- Experience with Linux/UNIX administration–including, but not limited to–network configuration, firewall configuration, general system configuration and management, scripting (shell and/or python).
- Experience with database systems (MySQL preferred) and no-SQL database systems (MongoDB preferred).
- Experience with customer service management and tracking tools such as JIRA Service Desk
- A “get it done” attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit: our team is hardworking, well organized, self-motivated and confident
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Customer advocate; world-class customer liaison
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience administrating large database systems distributed across multiple servers.
- Knowledge and experience with application security, including both concepts and tools.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Windows administration.
- Experience in the healthcare industry (radiology or oncology preferred).
- Experience with HL7, FHIR, DICOM.
- Minimum 3-5 years of positive outcomes in a service role in a healthcare environment
Physical Demands and Travel
- Office, desk, and computer-based work
- 10-25% Travel
- 100% Paid Health Plan (medical); 401K (currently no company match); Long-Term Disability
- Stock Options in an early stage, high growth company